Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS), 29 July 2013
Musa Capital Executive Director, William Jimerson, on the 29th of July 2013 participated on a panel at the Gordon Institute of Business Science, GIBS Forum entitled The Importance of Value Creation in Private Equity.
Why is adding value to portfolio companies becoming so important globally? What are the best practices in value addition from leading private equity funds, both in SA and abroad? What models exist to add value to portfolio companies?
The discussion was focused around the following points:
- How do PE firms typically create value?
- What has changed post-financial crisis?
- Specifically, how should PE firms add value post-acquisition?
- What are the typical challenges to add value post-acquisition?
- How do they overcome these challenges?
- How important is the management team? What are the pros & cons of replacing management?
Other speakers at the forum included Andrei Vorobyov from Bain, Richard Fienberg from Ethos, Lewis M Musasike from Africa Rising Capital and James Smith from Actis.
To watch video clip from the forum please click on the link below: