Our Internship Programme allows us to continue with our responsible investing while providing an opportunity and an experience for students to link theory with practice and serve as a productive team member for Musa Capital and associated companies that have committed to participate in the development of students interested in finance and investing. Each company fulfils its mission of preparing students for significant professional and managerial positions in the work environment. In addition, each intern’s career path is discussed, with input provided by the mentor company in terms of both guidance and performance monitoring.
What does the employer benefit from the programme?
An internship programme provides many benefits including:
- Completion of project work & increasing organisation productivity
- An early start on training our future employees
- New technology & ideas that students bring from the classroom into our organisation
- Diversity in our organisation’s workforce
- It is a cost-effective recruitment mechanism
- Provides an opportunity for current staff to learn management skills
How does the intern benefit from the programme?
- Provides the student with a practical real-world experience within the work environment
- Enables a student to develop important administration skills that cannot be taught in the classroom. These experiences vary from working on special projects for the relevant company to learning about the human motivation process in a complex organisation
- Enables a student to compare theoretical ideas learned in the classroom with the world of work regarding technical and administration experiences
- Provides a student with experience in several Banking sectors before entering the job market. Such experience not only increases students’ career prospects, but also teaches what is expected in terms of professional behaviour
Click here to download the application form.
The work that interns are required to do will vary according to individual projects and requirements during the period.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General administration work
- Financial modelling and budgeting
- Assisting all staff members as needed
- Prepare presentations and proposals
- Prepare and bind presentation packs
- Assisting with reports and research work for the team
- Correspondence with portfolio companies and both internal and external clients
- General assistance during special events and projects
- Administrative support
- General office support
What we expect from all interns:
- A quarterly report of their academic progress
- A written essay on their experience at Musa and portfolio companies
- Be professional
- Be creative
- Show initiative
- Learn new skills and improve skills you already have
- Be on time
- Be responsible
- When you’re not sure, ask
- Be part of a team
- Be smart with your time
- Have fun